Wednesday 21 March 2012

Presented at the Australian SharePoint Conference, 21st March - Melbourne

I have just finished presenting a session at the Australian SharePoint Conference 2012 in Melbourne. My session was Implementing Advanced Search Solutions with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.

The session went really well, I provided an overview of all of the advanced FAST Search functionality in comparison to SharePoint Server Search.

I provided a demo of my recent work on the FAST Spatial Search Toolkit, which now includes a custom Gazetteer lookup for spatial information using a Processing Pipeline Extensibility application that looks up coordinates for the Locations property extractor. I also demonstrated sorting results spatially from a point using a Euclidean sort algorithm implemented in FQL.

I also live demoed debugging a pipeline extensibility application in the session!

Luckily it all went as planned *phew* time to relax and soak in the rest of the sessions at the conference.

No comments: